Just as we rely on donors to help fund up to 21% of our operations every year, we rely on volunteers to help us deliver high-quality services, and contribute their skills, time and compassion to enhance our initiatives. Volunteers bring fresh ideas, develop and share skills, gain work experience and make new friends.
At Cornerstone we truly value the impact our volunteers have on our organization and our community. We have many different volunteer opportunities for you to explore and we are committed to providing a positive and rewarding experience to each volunteer.
We encourage individuals, workplaces and informal groups interested in offering time and energy to contact us. We can work together to find a project that is perfect for you.
How to become a volunteer:
- Fill out a Volunteer Application Form
- Attend an interview
- Complete a criminal background check
If you are interested in applying to become a volunteer with Cornerstone please fill out the volunteer application form and forward a completed copy to Carly Cunningham, Manager of Fundraising & Communications.
PLEASE NOTE: We are unable to accept applicants who have received Residential, Counselling or Legal Support services from Cornerstone Family Violence Prevention Centre within the last twelve months.
Training and Benefits | Volunteers receive:
- Orientation to the agency
- Information on violence against women and its impact on children
- Ongoing training and skills development
- Current information about Cornerstone Family Violence Prevention Centre events and activities
- A sense of satisfaction, contribution and purpose by participating in a social movement to end family violence.
Expectations | Volunteers are expected to:
- Complete an application, obtain a criminal reference check and sign a commitment to confidentiality form;
- Attend training;
- Available as required for preferred position