Securities & Stocks
When donating securities and stocks to Cornerstone not only do you eliminate any tax on the capital gain, you are helping women and children start new lives free from abuse. You can support research-based, best practice modeled programs and services while saving on taxes through a simple process.
Follow these four steps to help you quickly and easily donate your Gift of Securities to Cornerstone.
- Download and complete the “Letter of Authorization from Donor to Broker” form which will help your broker initiate the electronic transfer of securities. If you have any questions about completing the form, please call 905-372-1545 ext. 236 or e-mail Carly. Download the Letter of Authorization form (PDF)
- Fax or send the completed transfer form to your broker or investment advisor who will initiate, and be responsible for, the transfer.
- Fax a copy of the completed Letter of Authorization to our custodial agent, Karen Chalovich of Karen Chalovich Investment Group, BMO Nesbitt Burns. Fax 905-373-9331
- Please Notify Cornerstone by faxing a copy of the completed form to Cornerstone c/o Carly Cunningham at 905-373-4800 or mailing to the address below. This will help us to ensure we are able to issue your donation receipt and provide appropriate recognition for your generous donation.
- You will be issued a donation receipt based on the closing price on the date when the shares are transferred to the Foundation’s account at our custodial agent, Karen Chalovich of BMO Nesbitt Burns.(Note: Shares are considered legally transferred only when delivery is confirmed by our custodial agent.) It is the Organization’s policy that all shares be sold as soon as possible after they have been received.
Completed forms may also be sent to:
Cornerstone Family Violence Prevention Centre
ATTN: Carly Cunningham
40 Swayne St.
Cobourg, ON K9A 1K5