Donate Tangible Goods
In addition to financial gifts, Cornerstone also accepts new and gently used tangible goods to help support the women and children who access our programs and services. Tangible goods help us support families who come through our doors with nothing but the clothes on their backs, as well as women and families transitioning from the residential shelter, into independent housing; ensuring they are set up for success.
To make a donation of new or gently used tangible items please consult the list below to see what items we are able to accept. We thank you for thinking of Cornerstone and respecting our guidelines.
- Seasonal clothes ONLY
- Slippers (all sizes for women and children)
- Pajamas (all sizes for women and children)
- Cutlery – knives, forks, spoons
- School snacks (juice boxes, granola bars, fruit roll ups and other non-perishable individual snacks)
- Non perishable food items
- Grocery cards (No Frills, Independent Grocer, Metro, Foodland)
- Tea towels and dish cloths
- Medium size baskets (to carry toiletries)
- Feminine products
- Tooth paste and tooth brush
- Unopened or new regular size body soap/body washes
- Unopened or new regular size shampoo and conditioner
- Diapers and formula
We Are NOT Able To Accept:
- Home Décor (throw pillows, art, knick-knacks)
- Baby items – unless brand new in packaging
- Travel sized toiletries
- Plush toys or stuffed animals
- Opened products
- All sizes of batteries
- Gift cards (No Frills, Wal-Mart , Shoppers Drugmart, Canadian Tire, Sears, Staples)
- Set of single sheets and single bedding
- Alarm clocks
- Bath towels, hand towels, face cloths
- Paper products (paper towels, napkins, kleenex, toilet paper)
- Dish soap, laundry detergent, dryer sheets, all purpose cleaners
Furniture and Appliances
Women and children who leave the shelter are constantly in need of furnishings to outfit their new spaces, thus Cornerstone accepts item on a case by case basis. If you have items you are interested in donating, Cornerstone uses the following procedure:
- Please give us a call or email and let us know what you have.
- Send photos of the item. Photos help us showcase the item to clients to see if the piece will fit their space, as well as determine if we have room to store the item.
- If we can match a women’s need to your donation, or have space to accommodate it in storage, we can make arrangements for the item to be dropped off.
Please note: We do not have a truck or personnel to transport large items and require donations to be dropped off. Unfortunately pick up of donations is not a possibility at this time. If you are able to store your items for a short while, please let us know.