Northumberland Elder Abuse Resource Network
NEARN is a not-for-profit, 100% volunteer organization that is funded by contributions from individuals, in-kind support from agencies and by fund raising activities in our communities. Members reflect the diverse geographic areas of Northumberland County as well as health, social services, justice, ethno culture, seniors, housing, faith, education sectors, First Nations and individuals concerned about the issue of Elder Abuse.
Established in 2006 to facilitate the planning and coordination of services related to elder abuse prevention in Northumberland County, NEARN is committed to working toward creating a safe community for older adults – the kind of community that we want to grow up in – and to grow old in.
What We Do?
- Provide a forum for members of the community to meet, discuss and develop strategies, protocols, standards and procedures relating to the prevention of elder abuse
- Plan and coordinate educational activities relating to the prevention of elder abuse
- Reach out to a broad spectrum of the community to increase awareness and promote the prevention of elder abuse
- Create linkages and partnerships with Regional, Provincial and National committees to promote and facilitate the coordination of activities relating to the prevention of elder abuse
- Assist communities to access resources relating to the prevention of elder abuse