Walk A Mile In Her Shoes
Saturday, June 17, 2017
We invite you to join us Saturday, June 17, 2017 as Cornerstone Family Violence Prevention Centre calls upon all the good men of Northumberland County to take to the streets as a part of our 10th Annual Walk A Mile In Her Shoes® event.
We will bring the community to their feet to march down King St. raising eyebrows and awareness to support and prevent family violence.
Walk A Mile In Her Shoes® is an international men’s march to stop gender violence; it’s a fun opportunity for men to educate the community about a very serious subject and to rally the community to take action to prevent family violence.
Part of the Busker & Street Festival – Downtown Cobourg
09:30 | Walker Check – In
10:30 | Opening Remarks and Walker Warm-up
11:00 | Walk Commences
Join us as we celebrate our 10th anniversary of Walk a Mile!
Can’t walk with us? Support those who can by donating today!
Thank you for registering to participate in our annual Walk a Mile In Her Shoes® event on Saturday, June17th, 2017 at 11:00am on King Street with Cobourg’s Busker Festival. Through your participation, we are one step closer to reaching our ambitious goal of $30,000.
New this year, there will be a minimum participation fee of $20 for adults and $10 for youth 18 and under. Collecting pledges is encouraged; consider setting your own personal fundraising goal, every bit helps.
THE EASE OF ONLINE DONATIONS:
You can ask people to donate to Walk a Mile In Her Shoes® through CanadaHelps. This is a secure site.
- Visit canadahelps.org
- Enter Cornerstone Family Violence Prevention Centre as the Charity Name, select SEARCH
- Click on “Donate Now” and enter the donation amount
- “Fund/Designation” select Walk A Mile In Her Shoes
CREATE A PERSONAL GIVING PAGE
This is an amazing feature offered through CanadaHelps, and takes less than 5 minutes to create. It’s easy to set-up, and a great way to monitor your online fundraising. You can ask people to donate to your specific page by:
- Visit canadahelps.org
- Go to the top menu bar to “Fundraise” Click “create a fundraiser”
- Create a User Name and Password
- In the search Bar Write Cornerstone Family Violence Prevention Centre. Add Charity.
- Select the drop down menu with “Capitol Reserve Fund” as Title. Select the Walk A Mile In Her Shoes Designation.
- Under Title of Fundraiser Put your name and Walk A Mile In Her Shoes 2017
- Enter all other personal info you would like to. It helps to add a personal message and an image.
You can borrow a pair of our red high-heels (first come basis) or borrow a pair of 2 – 4 inch heels from your wife, friend or neighbour. If you are unable to wear a heel, we would still like you to participate. Wear something red and consider decorating a pair of shoes or carrying a pair of heels.
10TH ANNIVERSARY COMMEMORATIVE T-SHIRTS ARE AVAILABLE THIS YEAR:
please contact Carly with your size.
- Front: 10th Annual WALK A MILE IN HER SHOES®
- Back: PUT YOURSELF IN HER SHOES… I DID!
We are asking participants to return pledge forms and all money collected on:
- Thursday, June 15th between 9:00am and 6:00pm
- Cornerstone, 40 Swayne Street, Cobourg
- You will also be fitted for your fancy heels on this date if you are borrowing.
If you know other men that would look great in red heels, please let me know.
For additional information contact Carly at email@example.com
WALK A MILE IN HER SHOES IS PROUDLY SPONSORED BY
Together, we can create a safe place where hope can take root and grow… one step at a time.